JOY COMMUNITY CHURCH is a Christian Church which bases its existence and authority on the God-inspired teachings of the Bible in both the Old and New Testaments. The following is a brief summary of our beliefs and teachings. We hope this will be helpful in assisting you in your desire to become a vital part of our church. We believe in:
- Salvation through the Blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son.
- The Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, his life, his death by crucifixion, his burial, resurrection and ascension.
- The Rapture of the Church at the close of the Church Age (1 Thessalonians 4).
- The Second Coming of Jesus Christ with his saints and setting up his Kingdom on earth to rule and reign 1,000 years. (Revelation 20:4,6)
- The Bible as the Inspired Word of God: Our Guidebook, Manual and Pattern for living.
- Water Baptism by immersion in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the circumcision of the heart, the inner nature.
- A Practical application of the Word of God to our daily lives resulting in living godly, righteous and moral lives.
- The Love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Loving and Forgiving are essential to Christian peace and victory.
- Receiving the Gift of the Holy Spirit (the Baptism in the Holy Spirit) with the evidence of speaking in tongues according to Acts 2.
- The Ordinances of the Lord’s Supper, Water Baptism, Foot washing, Confirmation, Ordination, the Anointing of Oil for Divine Healing, and the Sacrament of Marriage.
- Worship and Praise in the Assembly and “The Song of the Lord.”
- Intercessory Prayer, Laying on of Hands and the Gifts of the Holy Spirit according to 1 Corinthians 12.
- Five-fold Gift Ministries of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher according to Ephesians 4:11.
(For an in-depth study of our beliefs, JOY COMMUNITY CHURCH offers a complete class of instruction on the Foundations of the Christian Faith entitled “Understanding God” by P. Gruits which is offered to all newcomers into the church. This is a very exciting course of study which helps Christians gain a firm footing in their faith and the basic teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible as a whole.)